Important Safeguards for Juicers
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put the motor base in water or other liquid. Always do not allow water to get into the motor base unit (main body) of the machine.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Always keep the juice extractor away from children.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning. DO NOT assemble or disassemble while the power cord is plugged in.
- Avoid contact with moving parts.
- DO NOT operate any appliances with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner.
- Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven.
- DO NOT operate the machine on an unstable surface.
- DO NOT use appliance for other than intended use.
- Be sure to switch to off position after each use of your juicer. DO NOT unplug the power cord with wet hands. This may cause an electric shock.
- DO NOT lift the juicer with wet hands because it is heavy and it may accidentally slip from your grip.
- DO NOT put any articles such as spoons or forks or knives into the feeding chute on any circumstances. ONLY use the wooden pusher provided.
- DO NOT put your fingers or other objects into the juicer opening while it is in operation. If food becomes lodged in the opening, use the plunger or another piece of fruit to push it down. When this method is not possible, turn the motor off and disassemble juicer to remove the remaining food.
- DO NOT plug in until familiar with all the instructions and operating procedures.
- DO NOT unplug from electrical outlet by pulling on the cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord, and pull.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging from or plugging into an electrical outlet.
When you use your juice extractor continuously, stop operation for 10 minutes after every 30 minutes use.
Filed under: Tips and Techniques
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!